This is an old favorite of mine that has resurfaced now that warm weather is around the corner and fresh vegetables are sounding more appealing. This is a super fresh, flavorful, and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
Crunchy Thai Salad w/ Peanut Dressing
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein Serving
- 1 Fat Serving
- Lettuce or salad mix of choice
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Bell pepper
- Shredded carrots
- Bean sprouts
- Half of the following peanut sauce recipe (1 protein serving)
- 4 oz peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (or 0.5 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBSP soy sauce (or 3/4 oz)
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar (or 3/4 oz)
- 1/4 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Water to thin
- OR, use 1/4 of the dressing recipe above and add 1/2 of a protein serving (3 oz) of shelled edamame or bean sprouts, or 1 oz of peanuts.
- 4 oz regular fat coconut milk added to the peanut sauce recipe above instead of using water to thin.
- OR, use 1/4 of the above dressing recipe (with the 4 oz coconut milk added) and also add 1/2 of a fat serving (0.25 oz) of dry shelled peanuts to the salad.
Condiments & Spices
- Fresh cilantro, basil, or mint leaves
- Squeeze of lime
- Grain Additions: 4 oz cooked rice or quinoa
- Protein Additions: Shelled edamame, roasted peanuts, extra peanut sauce
- Fat Additions: More peanuts, more coconut milk in the dressing, olive oil
1. Make the peanut sauce. Thin it if necessary to be a pourable dressing.
2. Shred or chop all the veggies.
3. Toss everything together!
4. Garnish with fresh herbs and a squeeze of lime.