Yes! It’s sweetener-free granola! This is perfect for eating on-the-go with a piece of fruit, because it contains both a protein and a grain.
- 1 ½ cups dry rolled oats 6 oz
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or other nut butter of choice 3 oz
- 1/3 cup nuts and seeds (try pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans, hemp seeds, flax seeds) 3 oz
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- With your hands, rub in the peanut butter.
- Spread the mix evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for up to 20 minutes, turning and tossing with a spoon every 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.
- When golden and dark to your liking, remove and cool immediately to get it crispy. I throw mine on a plate and put it in the fridge.
- Divide into baggies. This mix will keep in your cupboard for a couple of weeks.
- This recipe makes 6 servings for the BLE female weight loss plan or 4 servings for the maintenance plan.
- For the Weight Loss Plan:
- Divide the finished batch equally among 6 baggies. Each baggie will contain 1 grain serving and 1/2 of a protein serving.
- To complete your breakfast: add 4 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of nuts, plus your breakfast fruit.
- For the Maintenance Food Plan:
- Divide the finished batch equally among 4 baggies. Each baggie will contain 1.5 grain servings and 3/4 of a protein serving.
- To complete your breakfast: add 6 oz of yogurt and 1 additional oz of nuts or seeds, plus your breakfast fruit.