This one is not for the nutritional yeast haters out there, but if you love nutritional yeast like I do, this is a great way to drench your food in yummy sauce.
For BLE-ers, this sauce is great news because there’s no fat serving in it (just protein) which means it works for breakfast! One serving of this is a generous amount of sauce, perfect for veggies or potatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 oz cashews soaked overnight and drained (1/2 protein)
- 2 oz plant-based milk 1/4 protein
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small squeeze dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 drops of liquid smoke or smoked paprika optional
- Soak the cashews overnight in water in a lidded container. (Room temperature or refrigerated is fine, it doesn’t matter)
- In the morning, rinse and drain the cashews.
- Add all ingredients to a small blender cup and blend until smooth, adding water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- This recipe makes 3/4 of a BLE protein serving. Scale up as desired to batch prep and store the batch in the fridge.
- I like to use the other 1/4 protein for 2 oz of milk in my tea or coffee.
- On maintenance, don’t make the same mistake I did and try to double the sauce. I ended up with cheese sauce soup. One serving is a perfect (and already very generous) amount for a meal!
Ideas for Use:
- Drizzle over potatoes and sautéed veggies for breakfast
- Drizzle over roasted or steamed veggies for lunch or dinner
- Drizzle over quinoa for some cheesy quinoa
- Put it on some healthy pasta for some dairy-free mac & cheese