This is my adaptation of Minimalist Baker’s Vegan Caesar dressing. It’s briny, creamy, garlic-y, lemony, super satisfying, and best of all, oil-free! That means you can count it as a protein and have things like oil, nuts, or avocado in your salad too! Yesterday I put olive oil and grand-reserve balsamic (the really thick stuff) on my salad in addition to this dressing, and let me tell you, it was killer.
Caesar Dressing (Oil-Free & Vegan!)
Each Serving Contains:
- 1/2 Protein Serving
- 4 oz plain hummus
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tsp capers
- 3 tsp brining juice from capers jar (or pickle juice)
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced garlic, (4-5 cloves)
- Water to thin
- Blend all ingredients in a small blender cup, or mash everything together with a fork.
- Thin to desired consistency using water.
This whole recipe makes too much dressing for one meal. That’s why it is split into two half-proteins. I use one serving at a time and use chickpeas, beans, or nuts as the rest of my protein.