This recipe is a wonderful addition to any oil-free dressing collection. Unlike my other ranch recipe made from vegan mayo, this one has no mayo and gets its creaminess from the avocado.
If you’re eating according to the BLE food plan, this is a great way to stretch your fat serving and makes a very generous portion, which is great for making your bright, measured salads feel extra creamy and satisfying or using part of your fat serving for other foods like nuts or cheese.
- 1 avocado 4 oz
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk 4 oz
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley or sub fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Fresh chopped chives optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a blender cup or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Keeps covered in the fridge for about 1-2 days. Don’t make in huge batches ahead of time, because the avocado exposed to air will turn the dressing brown after a day or two.
- This whole dressing recipe contains 2 fat servings and 1/2 of a protein serving. When you divide it into 4 portions, each portion contains 1/2 of a fat serving and 1/8 of a protein serving (not worth counting in my opinion).