This meal is a flavor bomb! It’s hard to photograph the divine smells of the fresh chopped herbs, the spicy sweet flavor combination of fresh mango and peanut sauce, or the fresh watery crunch of lettuce and raw veggies. So you’ll just have to make it for yourself.
This is basically a Thai spring roll inside out without the wrapper. I intended to use rice noodles as a grain (non-BLE friendly but Katie friendly), but I ended up leaving it out because it felt bountiful enough without it!
- Salad greens or shredded purple cabbage
- Cucumbers diced
- Bell peppers diced
- Carrots diced or grated
- Sprouts (try mung bean sprouts!) optional
Protein & Fat
- 1/8 cup dry roasted peanuts 1/2 oz
- 4 oz tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 2 oz
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger or 0.5 oz
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 TBSP soy sauce or 3/4 oz
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar (or 3/4 oz)
- 1/8 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk 2 oz
- water to thin
- 1 fresh mango diced
- Fresh cilantro, basil, or mint (or all three!) chopped
- Chop all the salad veggies and mango.
- Make the peanut sauce in a small blender cup. Divide equally into two portions.
- Arrange ingredients beautifully and lovingly in a bowl, drizzle with peanut sauce, garnish with a dash of peanuts and fresh herbs, and serve!
- The peanut sauce amount given in this recipe makes 2 portions, and each portion contains 1/2 fat and 1/2 protein. The cashews make up the rest of the fat, and the tofu makes up the rest of the protein.