These yummy baked oatmeal cups are in the same family as banana oat cookies and breakfast bars. The difference between these and these muffins is only that they are plant-based version, using flax seeds and more peanut butter instead of egg, which makes them a little denser. These refrigerate and freeze well, and are excellent for travel or on-the-go breakfast. Suitable for a BLE weight loss breakfast!
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, dry 1 oz
- 2 Tbsp nut or seed butter 1 oz
- 1 banana, mashed 3 oz
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt or other thick yogurt (I use plant-based coyo) 3 oz
- 3 oz fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Lightly grease muffin tins or use silicone baking liners. Fill 2 muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Be sure to let these cool and set for at least 20 minutes. If you break into them too early, they will be gooey (but still yummy).
- Top with 3 oz yogurt or 2/3 oz additional nut butter and fresh fruit.
- Feel free to scale this recipe up to batch prep. These refrigerate and freeze well, and are excellent for travel or on-the-go breakfast.