This festive recipe and photo come from Bright Line Eater Tamara (shared with permission), who you can follow at tamaras.bright.lines on instagram. Thanks Tamara! This breakfast reminds me of my Peanut Butter Granola except with less work. I made it this morning and used vegan yogurt. It was divine.
- 6 oz apple finely chopped
- 1 oz rolled oats
- 1 oz peanut butter
- 0.5 oz nuts
- 2 oz yogurt topping
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the apples and spices and put into an oven safe dish.
- Combine the oats, peanut butter, nuts, and another dash of cinnamon and sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- Sprinkle over the apple mixture and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- Top with 2 oz plain yogurt, and sprinkle with more cinnamon.
- To make this breakfast gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, but are often processed with products containing gluten and this contamination can be enough to trigger an immune response in those with high gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.