These yummy bars of vegan baked oatmeal hold together well and are easily reheated in a toaster for a 5-minute, filling breakfast. Top the warm bars with peanut butter and a scoop of chia jam, and you’ll be fueled and happy all morning. Perfect for batch-cooking ahead for a busy workweek.
I think I ate this baked oatmeal for 6 days in a row last week, and I didn’t get tired of it.
This Vegan Baked Oatmeal Is:
- Easily reheatable
- Toastable in a toaster
- Easily made gluten free by using gluten-free oats
- Great for taking on-the-go or for travel
How to Make 2-Ingredient Chia Jam
Chia jam is super easy and delicious and can be made in 10 minutes with only fresh or frozen fruit and a spoonful of chia seeds. It doesn’t contain (or need) any sweeteners, and is awesome as a topping for oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, etc. Check out this post for detailed instructions on how to make chia jam.
If you make this yummy baked oatmeal, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
More Baking Inspiration:
- Flourless Apple Carrot Breakfast Bread
- How to Bake Without Sugar and Flour
- How to Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Walnut Oat Muffins (Sugar & Flour Free)
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Baked Apple Breakfast Crisp
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars
- Pumpkin Apple Oat Bake
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Flourless Oat & Seed Rolls
- Oat & Seed Cracker Bread
- Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
PB & J Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats, quick oats are fine too, or a combination
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, or any other nuts and seeds of choice
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice, I use unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray or grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil or line it with parchment paper.
- In the baking dish, toss together the dry ingredients (listed above).
- In another bowl, mash together the wet ingredients, along with the ground flax seed which acts as a binder (similar to eggs) when liquid is added.
- Pour the liquid into the baking dish and mix everything together until well combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden.
- Let cool slightly and then cut the pan into 6 bars. Enjoy warm, topped with peanut butter and a scoop of chia jam.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or frozen, and are easily reheated in a toaster, oven, or microwave.