This simple treat is wonderful on a warm night or for a summer breakfast. It’s essentially a very thick smoothie, although it doesn’t work in a blender because there isn’t enough liquid. It is important to slice the bananas before freezing them, or you will get a rowdy frozen banana in your food processor. Experiment with other frozen fruits, whatever is in season!
- 2-3 bananas peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup strawberries or other berries or fruit of choice, roughly sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup milk of choice I prefer almond, hemp, coconut, or cashew, or dairy
- Extra fruit for topping optional
- Sprinkle of nuts optional
- Place the fruit and milk in a food processor and pulse initially to get it started, then process continuously, stopping or pulsing to stir. Add more milk if needed, but it should be thick and creamy.
- Divide into serving cups, and swirl in the compote if using.
- Top with fresh berries and chopped nuts (optional).
- Serve immediately.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.