These flourless waffles are soft, flavorful, and super filling. I love making them in a blender because of how quick, easy, and hands-off the process is. Alternatively, mash the ingredients together in a bowl for a chunkier texture.
- 1/2 cup 2 oz rolled oats, dry
- 1 banana 4 oz
- 1 egg or 1 “flax egg” see notes
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter 2.5 oz
- 1/4 cup plant or dairy milk 2 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Banana slices or berries
Peanut Butter Drizzle (2 Servings)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter 3.5 oz
- 1/4 cup milk of choice 2 oz
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron. Lightly spray w/ oil (optional).
- Place ingredients in a high powered blender along with 1/4 tsp salt. Blend about 30 seconds, stirring as needed.
- If not using a blender, mash the egg, banana, and peanut butter well, and then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into the center of the waffle maker. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they are browned and lid can be lifted without sticking.Make a second waffle.
- Mix the PB drizzle in a cup with a fork.
- Add water to thin, if needed
- To make this breakfast gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, but are often processed with products containing gluten and this contamination can be enough to trigger an immune response in those with high gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.
- How to Make a Flax Egg: “Flax eggs” are a popular substitute for regular eggs in vegan baking. Both regular eggs and flax eggs work great in these baking recipes and can be swapped out 1-for-1. To make a flax egg, mix 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp of warm water in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. If you have an issue with flax, you can do the same thing with chia seeds to make a “chia egg.”