If you’ve never tried soy curls, they have just one ingredient – soy. They are sold dried and you just have to soak them in water to hydrate them for about 10-15 minutes, and then you can flavor and cook them exactly the way you would chicken or beef. They have a nice meaty texture, and satisfy that craving for something hearty and meaty that comes up from time to time with us plant-based eaters.
- 1 corn on the cob 1/2 veggie serving
Kale Slaw (Veggies & Fat)
- Shredded carrots, cabbage, kale, sliced peppers, or cruciferous veggie mix of any kind. Weigh to reach 1/2 veggie serving
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze of dijon mustard
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz rehydrated soy curls about 2-3 oz dry
Condiments & Spices
- BBQ Sauce either store-bought or homemade
- Soak the dehydrated soy curls for 10-15 minutes in a bowl of water.
- Start a pot of boiling water for the corn.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw by weighing all ingredients into a large bowl and massaging it all with your hands for 10 seconds or so.
- Squeeze excess water out of the soy curls in your hands and weigh.
- Add the soy curls to a skillet and add desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Simmer the soy curls on medium-low heat until sauce is reduced and they have browned a little.
- Boil the fresh corn cob for 3-5 minutes.