I’m a ranch freak. There’s no dressing more satisfying, and I used to put it on more things than are probably normal. I mourned this creamy, delicious dressing when I first started eating plant-based, until I discovered vegan mayo. Here’s my go-to vegan ranch recipe.
For a mayo-free and oil-free ranch dressing, check out this recipe for avocado ranch.
My favorite thing to do with ranch, besides a hearty chopped salad, is pairing it with a meaty, BBQ-flavored protein. YUM.
- Salad greens of choice e.g. lettuce, arugula, sprouts, spinach
- Crunchy slaw veggies e.g. shredded cabbage, grated broccoli
- Bell peppers
- Snap peas
- Chickpeas or white beans
- Mock meat chick'n, seitan, etc.
Homemade Ranch Dressing (4 Servings)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo 2 oz
- 2 Tbsp plant-based milk 1 oz
- 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
Condiments & Seasonings
- BBQ Sauce store bought or homemade
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook your protein with the BBQ sauce. For beans, simmer them for a few minutes in the sauce. For tempeh or mock meat, slather it on and bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 10 minutes at 350°. Brush on a little more BBQ sauce at the end if desired.
- Roast, cook, chop, or otherwise prepare your veggies of choice.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar or bottle with a fork. Add milk (or water) to desired consistency.
- Garnish with salt and pepper.