Made by gently simmering fruit, a little balsamic vinegar, and a cinnamon stick. No added sweetener! Delicious swirled into yogurt, oatmeal, overnight oats, chia pudding, or as a topping for healthy treats like banana soft serve.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Simmer until it reaches the consistency of loose jam, about 9-10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick to serve.
- To adjust the consistency, add water to thin, 1 Tbsp at a time. For a thicker compote that's more like the consistency of jam, stir in a little bit of arrowroot powder, 1/8 tsp at a time.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.