This is one of those bright, vibrant meals that requires a giant bowl to accommodate all those fresh fruits, legumes, and veggies. So colorful, nourishing, flavorful, and perfect. This salad is hearty enough to make a complete meal, or it makes a great side salad. Perfect for potlucks!
Veggies (Choose Any)
- Red onion
- Red peppers
- Corn fresh, raw, or frozen & thawed
- Salad greens optional
- Sprouts optional
Protein Options (Choose One or Mix & Match!)
- 1 can black beans or 1-2 cups cooked
- 1 cup shelled edamame I use frozen and thaw before using
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe mango diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- generous pinch of salt
- Toss everything gently together.
- This salad keeps well in the fridge for a few days, although I would add the avocado before serving as it will turn brown.