Here’s my favorite thing to do with 2-ingredient quinoa crusts.
- 1 recipe of Quinoa Crust see notes
- 3 oz non-dairy ricotta see notes
Fruit or Veggies
- Fresh fruit or veggies, as a topping see below
- Splash of vanilla
- Dash of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, be creative!
- Make the crust according to the recipe linked below. It takes about 30 minutes with previously cooked quinoa, or 45 minutes if cooking the quinoa.
- Reduce the oven temperature (or preheat) to 350 F°.
- Mix the ricotta with your desired flavorings. I like to whip the ricotta with a little water or non-dairy milk in a small bowl to make it lighter and creamier.
- Spread the ricotta over the tart.
- Add your fruit in some kind of pretty pattern. I love peaches, berries, figs, plums, pears, and cherries. For a savory option, try adding herbs into the ricotta, and top with roasted veggies, tomatoes, asparagus, leeks, etc. Go wild. In the winter, try nut butter whipped with some water into a "mousse" instead of ricotta, with apples or bananas on top!
- Pop back into the oven for 5-10 minutes, just to warm it up. Or, eat it cold and raw. Do what makes you happy and free.
- Split into two equal servings. Leftovers will keep well for a couple days in the fridge. This can also be made the night before and warmed up in the morning, or you can eat it cold. These crusts also freeze well.