This red curry with butternut squash is one of my all-time favorite curry recipes. The butternut squash and almond butter make it extra satisfying, and pair beautifully with the rich, creamy coconut milk and flavorful, warming spices. Made in one pot in 30 minutes, it’s a perfect easy weeknight meal.
This recipe is also very versatile! Swap butternut for pumpkin, spinach for kale, peanut butter for almond butter, chickpeas for tofu, throw in carrots and green beans, and so on. Use whatever you’ve got. Just make sure to use a good quality curry paste. I recommend this brand.
This Butternut Squash Curry is:
- Super flavorful
- Made in one pot
- Nutrient packed
- Made in less than 30 minutes
If you make this butternut squash curry, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 butternut squash small dice
- 1 handful spinach add after cooking
Protein & Fat
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked or canned
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 2 oz
- 1 can coconut milk any kind
- roasted peanuts or cashews to garnish
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root peeled and grated
- lime wedges to garnish
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Add the butternut squash and onions to a deep skillet or pot, along with a splash of oil (or water if cooking oil-free).
- Cover with a lid and simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and stir for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the red curry paste, yellow curry powder, coconut milk, peanut butter, and chickpeas. Thin with a little water or broth if desired.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the butternut squash to be so soft that it disintegrates into the sauce.
- Add the spinach for the last minute or so of cooking.
- Serve atop rice and garnish with crushed nuts, cilantro, and lime wedges.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.
More Curry Inspiration:
- Easy Weeknight Curry (Vegan)
- Yellow Curry w/ Mango & Cashews
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- Warming Daal & Curried Cauliflower w/ Raita
- Curried Carrot & Tomato Soup