Warm, soft cabbage and brown rice drenched with peanut sauce and sprinkled with crunchy cashews is basically my definition of cozy comfort food. This tasty meal comes together in 20 minutes, even less if you’ve already got peanut sauce around. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cabbage, any type, shredded
- 8 oz mushrooms, I like crimini or shiitake, sliced
Quick Peanut Sauce (Makes 2 Servings)
To Garnish & Serve
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup brown rice, dry
- Cook a pot of rice using your preferred method.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the mushrooms along with a splash of sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook for a few minutes until browned.
- Add the shredded cabbage and continue to cook. Place a lid over the pan to steam it slightly. Stir occasionally, and transfer to bowls when the cabbage is softened to your liking. I usually only cook it for 5-10 minutes because I like it a bit crunchy.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce by blending the ingredients in a small blender cup, or use an immersion blender in a wide mouth jar.
- Toss the cashews into the cabbage and mushroom mixture and serve. Drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.