This is my adaptation of Minimalist Baker’s brilliant vegan caesar dressing. It’s briny, creamy, garlic-y, lemony, super satisfying, and oil-free! Sometimes I put olive oil and grand-reserve balsamic (the really thick stuff) on my salad in addition to this dressing, and it’s ridiculously good.
- 4 oz plain hummus
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice to taste
- 2 tsp capers
- 3 tsp brining juice from capers jar or pickle juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Water to thin
- Blend all ingredients in a small blender cup, or mash everything together with a fork.
- Thin to desired consistency using water.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.