- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil of choice (I use olive oil), 0.5 oz
Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1/2 medium avocado, 2 oz
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped, packed
- 1 cup parsley, chopped, packed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp apple cider, balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- water, to thin
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed, not bottled
- 2 Tbsp storebought Cajun spice blend, or make your own (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (Not wax paper!)
- Sliced the cauliflower into 1/2 inch thick slices or chop into medium size florets.
- Rub the measured oil and lemon juice all over the slices or florets.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice and a pinch of salt (if there is no salt in the seasoning mix) on both sides of the slices and rub lightly. Then sprinkle more on the side facing up.
- Spray oil lightly on the spiced cauliflower to seal the spices in.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins, until nice and browned. Broil for a minute to sear if desired.
- Cajun blends can be hot. Adjust the heat of the cajun seasoning by reducing cayenne, pepper flakes, black pepper and using more of sweet paprika.
- To make your own Cajun blend, combine the following:
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/3 tsp cayenne (or less to heat preference)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash of red pepper flakes
- For a smokier flavor, swap half of the sweet paprika for smoked paprika, or add a couple of drops of liquid smoke to the lemon juice before rubbing it onto the raw cauliflower. Divide the sauce evenly amongst the two servings.
Save This Recipe to Your Personal Library!Check out my recipe app where you can gain access to my complete recipe library and save and organize your favorites! It has lots of other awesome features too, including meal planning tools and automatic grocery lists! ♡ Learn More ♡