- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil of choice (I use olive oil) 0.5 oz
Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1/2 medium avocado 2 oz
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped packed
- 1 cup parsley, chopped packed
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tsp apple cider, balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- water, to thin
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, not bottled
- 2 Tbsp storebought Cajun spice blend or make your own (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (Not wax paper!)
- Sliced the cauliflower into 1/2 inch thick slices or chop into medium size florets.
- Rub the measured oil and lemon juice all over the slices or florets.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice and a pinch of salt (if there is no salt in the seasoning mix) on both sides of the slices and rub lightly. Then sprinkle more on the side facing up.
- Spray oil lightly on the spiced cauliflower to seal the spices in.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins, until nice and browned. Broil for a minute to sear if desired.
- Cajun blends can be hot. Adjust the heat of the cajun seasoning by reducing cayenne, pepper flakes, black pepper and using more of sweet paprika.
- To make your own Cajun blend, combine the following:
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/3 tsp cayenne (or less to heat preference)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash of red pepper flakes
- For a smokier flavor, swap half of the sweet paprika for smoked paprika, or add a couple of drops of liquid smoke to the lemon juice before rubbing it onto the raw cauliflower. Divide the sauce evenly amongst the two servings.