- 1 large head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 red onion large dice
- 8 oz cooked rice I used a wild rice blend but you could use anything
- 4 oz dry roasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Condiments & Spices
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger minced or grated
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- Cook rice, if not using leftover rice.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Use half of the oil to coat the cauliflower and onions. Spread them out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the veggies with salt, pepper, and a little curry powder or garam masala.
- Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes, until sufficiently roasty.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the coconut oil in a skillet. Add the ginger and garlic, and fry for a minute or two, until fragrant. Stir in the spices and the rice. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Mix the veggies gently in with the rice.
- Add the hazelnuts, toss and mix, and serve.
- This reheats well, I usually make one serving for dinner and the other serving for the next day’s lunch.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.