I see this breakfast on instagram all the time, and finally gave it a try. Yum!! This is a delicious way to use up leftover rice from dinner or takeout (they always give you SO much rice!).
I don’t eat dairy but I do eat eggs on occasion (mostly for the vitamins) so I used a plant-based cheese here, but feel free to swap it out for whatever cheesy things you like to eat.
- 4 oz leftover white rice cooked
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1 oz cheese of choice I use plant based cheese
Seasonings & Garnishes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of tarragon dried or fresh
- Green onions to garnish
- Pinch of nutritional yeast optional
- Hot sauce or salsa optional
- Scramble the egg in a nonstick skillet. A little bit before it's fully cooked, (30 seconds or so) stir in the leftover rice and cheese.
- Toss with seasonings, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of fruit.
- To complete this breakfast, add a side of fruit.
- Feel free to add in veggies, such as thinly sliced kale or spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, etc.
- This meal is portioned for weight loss, for a maintenance portion, double the egg and cheese amounts (yum!) and use 6 oz of cooked rice. Or, add in some avocado.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.