This one is not for the nutritional yeast haters out there, but if you love nutritional yeast like I do, this is a great way to drench your food in yummy sauce.
- 1 oz cashews soaked overnight and drained (1/2 protein)
- 2 oz plant-based milk 1/4 protein
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small squeeze dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 drops of liquid smoke or smoked paprika optional
- Soak the cashews overnight in water in a lidded container. (Room temperature or refrigerated is fine, it doesn’t matter)
- In the morning, rinse and drain the cashews.
- Add all ingredients to a small blender cup and blend until smooth, adding water if needed to reach desired consistency.
Ideas for Use:
- Drizzle over potatoes and sautéed veggies for breakfast
- Drizzle over roasted or steamed veggies for lunch or dinner
- Drizzle over quinoa for some cheesy quinoa
- Put it on some healthy pasta for some dairy-free mac & cheese