There are 2 ingredients – berries and chia seeds. No sweetener needed! The frozen berries are placed into a pot and simmered gently for a few minutes with some chia seeds. That’s it!
Experiment with different kinds of fruit. I’ve made this with frozen fruit and fresh fruit, both are delicious. Try raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, etc. Let me know your favorite in the comments! 🙂
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Stir the berries and chia seeds together in a saucepan.
- Simmer, covered with a lid, for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add 1 Tbsp of water to loosen the jam if it seems too thick.
- Gently mash with a fork to your desired smoothness.
- Transfer to a jar or lidded container and enjoy warm or refrigerate. Keep in mind that it will continue to thicken up in the refrigerator, so if you eat it right away it will be runnier, but still perfectly yummy! If you refrigerate it, it will set and become more of a jam-like consistency.
- This will keep well in the fridge for a few days.
My Favorite Applications of Chia Jam
- On Oatie Pancakes
- On Lemony Quinoa Pancakes
- On Banana Oat Waffles
- On Overnight Oats
- With peanut butter for PB & Overnight Oats
- Swirled into yogurt
- On warm oatmeal
- In a Vanilla Chia Pudding Parfait
- On top of Millet Porridge
What else do you love to do with chia jam? Share in the comments!