This is yummy on top of a salad, wrapped in a lettuce leaf, on top of raw veggies like cucumber slices, as a veggie dip, on apple slices, and on soft grain bread or hearty crackers.
If you go in a tahini direction, this is like hummus on steroids. If you go in a mayo direction, it’s more like tuna salad. I usually make double, triple, or quadruple the recipe so that I have quick grab-and-go lunches for the week.
- 3 oz chickpeas
- 1 oz hummus
- 1/2 oz roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 0.5 oz Vegan mayo or tahini (for an earthier flavor) 1 Tbsp
Condiments & Spices
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion or 1/2 tsp onion powder, flakes, or granules
- healthy pinch each salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic minced, (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp spicy mustard
- Crumbled nori or seaweed optional, if you want it to be reminiscent of tuna salad
- Mash chickpeas a little with a fork in a small bowl to the desired level of chunkiness.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Keeps well in the fridge for several days.