This satisfying vegan “tuna” salad is made with mashed chickpeas, hummus, and sunflower seeds. It’s delicious on top of a salad, wrapped in a lettuce leaf, on top of raw veggies like cucumber slices, as a veggie dip, on apple slices, and on soft grain bread or hearty crackers.
If you go in a tahini direction, this is like hummus on steroids. If you go in a mayo direction, it’s more like tuna salad. I usually make double, triple, or quadruple the recipe so that I have quick grab-and-go lunches for the week.
More Quick Vegan Lunch Ideas:
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad w/ Chickpea Croutons
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Cabbage & Citrus Salad w/ Miso Tahini Dressing
- Go-To Kale Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
If you make this tasty vegan tuna, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see your remakes!
Chickpea Sunflower “Tuna” Salad
- 3 oz chickpeas
- 1 oz hummus
- 1/2 oz roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 0.5 oz Vegan mayo or tahini (for an earthier flavor), 1 Tbsp
Condiments & Spices
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion, or 1/2 tsp onion powder, flakes, or granules
- healthy pinch each salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced, (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp spicy mustard
- Furikake seasoning or crumbled nori sheets, optional, if you want it to be reminiscent of tuna salad
- Mash chickpeas a little with a fork in a small bowl to the desired level of chunkiness.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Keeps well in the fridge for several days.