The orange ginger dressing and fresh herbs are what make this salad so bright and flavorful. This dressing is delicious with any type of crunchy slaw or salad and works with many different protein options.
The recipe is written for a single serving because I’m usually cooking for one, but feel free to scale it up to feed a crowd or batch prep.
Chinese Cabbage Salad w/ Orange Ginger Dressing
- Napa cabbage (or any other type of shredded cabbage), thinly sliced
- Grated carrots
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Mung bean sprouts, or other sprouts, optional
Protein Options (Choose One)
- 2 oz tempeh or tofu, cubed
- 2 Tbsp peanuts or cashews, 1 oz
- 2 oz edamame, shelled
Orange Ginger Dressing
- 1 Tbsp peanuts or cashews, ½ oz
- Green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Chop your salad veggies.
- Make the dressing by stirring ingredients together with a fork in small bowl or jar.
- Prepare your protein according to your preferred method. I like to keep it pretty plain, as the dressing contributes plenty of flavor.
- Toss the salad. Keeps well in the fridge for about a day.