This is salad is immediately devoured at every potluck or gathering we’ve brought it to. I love it scooped with tortilla chips, eaten plain as a side salad, or a chunky salsa for tacos or burritos.
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh, cut off the cob or frozen and thawed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced , adjust to heat preference
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 2-3 limes, juiced, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt, adjust to taste
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- This salad keeps well in the fridge for a day or two. If adding avocado (which is delicious) add it before serving, as it doesn't store well and will brown.