Seriously, does oatmeal get any cozier than this?? These delicious oats are spiced with the same spices you’ll find in golden milk: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla. Not only are they super yummy, they also give the body a nice boost in the wintertime. I love to top my cozy golden oats with a swirl of almond butter, 5-minute caramelized bananas, and a sprinkle of cacao nibs and coconut flakes. Feel free to drizzle some honey over the top too if that feels right. YUM. This recipe was inspired by this gorgeous instagram account which causes me to drool on my phone almost daily.
These Cozy Golden Oats Are:
- Easy and quick
- Full of antioxidants
- Like a hug in a bowl
Why has nobody told me about the amazingness of caramelized bananas before???? I learned this delicious trick from Amy over at this blog. No sugar or sweeteners are necessary, you just need coconut oil and a nonstick pan.
Caramelizing bananas is also EASY, it takes less than 5 minutes and takes your breakfast to the next level. Cooking the banana slices in a little bit of coconut oil makes them extra sweet, soft, and beautifully browned. The coconut flavor from the oil paired with the banana is simply divine.
- I highly recommend this Golden Mellow Mix (affiliate link) for this recipe. I LOVE this superfood company and their amaaaazing products! I use their superfood mixes every single day and love that they are made from high quality, organic, and responsibly sourced ingredients. I’m obsessed. (Sidenote: I also use this mix for my bedtime ritual of a golden milk latte with warm oat milk and honey, sooo yummy!) Anyway, back to the recipe.
- If you don’t have Golden Mellow Mix, you can replace it with 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Golden spices have a tinge of bitterness to them, which are wonderful for the body but benefit from a touch of sweeteness. The caramelized bananas do sweeten it up, but I like to put a bit of honey or maple syrup into the oats to balance out that turmeric kick.
- I use steel cut oats for this recipe, but you can use any oats that you prefer.
More Cozy Breakfasts You’ll Love
- Creamy Millet Breakfast Porridge w/ Cashew Butter
- Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal (Sugar Free!)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- How to Make Delicious Oatmeal Without Sugar
If you make a bowl of cozy golden oats, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
Cozy Golden Oats w/ Caramelized Bananas
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Combine the oats, water, milk, and salt in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spices and liquid sweetener of choice. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the banana slices to the hot oil, and let them sizzle for a couple of minutes, until browned to your liking.
- Flip them and cook on the other side.
- Top your golden oats with the yummy caramelized bananas, drizzle with almond butter, and sprinkle with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon