Maybe I’m resisting the transition of spring and clinging to the coziness of winter, but this week I wanted to share with you this easy recipe for cozy, golden oats, with decadent almond butter and caramelized bananas. This idea was originally inspired by this gorgeous instagram account which causes me to drool on my phone almost daily.
Why has nobody told me about the amazingness of caramelized bananas before???? I learned this delicious trick from Amy over at this blog. No sugar or sweeteners are necessary, you just need coconut oil and a nonstick pan.
Caramelizing bananas is also EASY, it takes less than 5 minutes and takes your breakfast to the next level. Cooking the banana slices in a little bit of coconut oil makes them extra sweet, soft, and beautifully browned. The coconut flavor from the oil paired with the banana is simply divine.
You could use warming, cozy spices such as turmeric and ginger, but I personally love the superfood mixes from Your Super. I used the Golden Mellow Superfood Mix for this oatmeal (sidenote: I also use it for golden milk lattes at night as a relaxation ritual, sooo yummy). Their superfood mixes are made from high quality, organic, and responsibly sourced superfood ingredients. I use their products every single day and very highly recommend them!
These Cozy Golden Oats Are:
- Easy and quick
- Full of antioxidants
- Like a hug in a bowl
If you make a bowl of cozy golden oats, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Combine the oats, water, milk, and salt in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Mellow Yellow spices. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the banana slices to the hot oil, and let them sizzle for a couple of minutes, until browned to your liking.
- Flip them and cook on the other side.
- Top your golden oats with the yummy caramelized bananas, drizzle with almond butter, and sprinkle with desired toppings. Enjoy!