Tired of oatmeal for breakfast? Here’s a nice warm porridgy breakfast change for you. I was surprised at how decadent and delicious this was. It will probably become a regular on my breakfast rotation. The millet has a nice texture and the mashed banana and warm cashew butter make for a perfectly sweet and creamy combo. A perfect application for a batch of chia jam! Other fruit would work beautifully too.
- 1 oz millet dry
- 4 oz milk of choice
- 1 oz cashew butter or other nut butter of choice
- 1 banana about 4 oz
- 2 oz fruit or chia jam see notes
Condiments & Spices
- Dash of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Rinse the millet, then place in a small pot with the milk, 1/4 cup additional water, spices and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes or until the millet is cooked and there is a little bit of liquid left.
- Stir in the cashew butter and mashed banana.
- Top with additional fruit or chia jam, and sprinkle a few extra nuts on top.