You may know how much I love a crunchy slaw. I usually go for a creamy oil or mayo-based slaw, but sometimes I like to change things up with my favorite mega-flavorful peanut sauce on crunchy cabbage. This salad is versatile, a bit spicy, gingery, and creamy. Feel free to make substitutions or additions. Try adding in mung bean sprouts, quinoa, or mango!
- 1 purple or green cabbage, finely shredded, or both!
- 1 bunch kale, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, sliced
Protein & Fat
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts or cashews, 2 oz
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, 4 oz
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, basil, or mint, chopped (use one, two, or all three!)
- Blend all ingredients in a small blender cup, or in a small jar with an immersion blender.
- Add water or coconut milk, a little at a time, to reach desired pourable consistency.
- Adjust the taste to your liking by adding in more condiments such as chili oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, or chili paste.
- Add the salad ingredients and seasonings in a large salad bowl. (For extra convenience, you can also buy pre-shredded cabbage.)
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss it all together until well mixed.
- Divide into four servings and garnish with additional nuts and herbs, if desired.