This earthy, flavorful tomato and carrot soup is hard to describe or pin down. It’s creamy from the coconut milk, robustly spiced, kicked with curry, and has a savory depth with a slightly sweet finish. A perfect soup for a special occasion.
- 1/2 onion diced
- Two large carrots chopped
- 1 28-oz can of tomatoes choose a quality brand like San Marzano or Muir Glen
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk 4 oz
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
Condiments & Seasonings
- 10 oz veggie broth
- 1/2 of a lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste or chili paste
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp good quality sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the onion, oil, and carrots to a heavy bottomed soup pot.
- Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the veggies are softened and fragrant.
- Add the veggie broth and tomatoes. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the almond, butter, coconut milk, and pieces and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Be careful not to boil the soup, as coconut milk is delicate and can scald.
- Blend soup carefully using a blender in small batches or an immersion blender.
- Store for up to 5 days, or freeze.
- To serve, garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk and fresh herbs if desired.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.