This satisfying, spicy-sweet Curried Chickpea & Apple Salad is a cousin of the ever popular Chickpea Sunflower “Tuna” Salad. This delicious combo of creamy, spicy, savory and sweet just can’t be beat! It’s excellent in a lettuce wrap, atop on apple slices, or on crackers or bread. Honestly I just eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon.
If you try this curried chickpea apple salad, let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others!
More Inspiration for On-The-Go Meals:
- Chickpea Sunflower “Tuna”
- Creamy Oil-Free Hummus
- Banana Oat Breakfast Bars
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- 1-Ingredient Flourless Lentil Bread
- Easy Baba Ganoush (Creamy Eggplant Dip)
Curried Chickpea Apple Salad
- 9 oz cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, 1 oz
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo, 1 oz
Fruit & Veggies
- 6 oz grapes, halved
- 6 oz apple, diced
Condiments & Spices
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- pinch curry powder, to taste
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Combine the chickpeas, mayo, celery, curry powder, and salt in a bowl. Lightly mash together, keeping it chunky but breaking down the chickpeas a little bit.
- Gently stir in the fruit and walnuts.