I’m never really sure what to call this recipe, but it is delicious, and melty, and soft, and meaty, and tomatoey, and it’s just the best thing ever. It’s super simple – eggplant, garlic, and tomato sauce, baked until the eggplant disintegrates and you are left with rich melty eggplanty saucy goodness.
This recipe came from my former husband’s step mother (well that was complicated…) who used to bake eggplant and garlic in tons of oil and marinara all day long in the oven at a really low temperature. I am too lazy and impatient for that, so this is the easy version, and it’s sooooooo good. This recipe makes 4 servings at a time and is an excellent one for batch cooking or for feeding families or company.
What to Serve With Delicious Melty Eggplant
I love this dish over pasta or polenta, or just eaten straight with a fork! In the summertime, check out this simple, easy recipe for amazing fresh corn polenta. It’s to DIE for.
More Delicious Eggplant Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Eggplant Dip (Vegan!)
- Eggplant & Butter Bean Stew
- Eggplant & Lentil Stew
- Warm Lentil & Eggplant Salad
- Easy Baba Ganoush
- Stewed Eggplant in Tomato Sauce (Instant Pot)
If you make this delicious melty eggplant, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making.
- 2 medium eggplants, large dice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, more or less
- 1 jar of marinara sauce, more or less, enough to coat the eggplant well
- 4-5 garlic cloves, whole
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 20-25 minutes.