My normal vegan ricotta recipe is Andreea’s deliciously creamy almond milk ricotta, but this week I opted for a slightly chunkier cashew version. The almond version is creamier and more luxurious, but sometimes I prefer not to take the time to skin almonds, and a big batch of this cashew ricotta comes together in a food processor in less than 10 minutes. You do have to remember to put the cashews in a bowl of water to soak overnight before you go to bed though!
Suggestions for Use:
- Noodle-less veggie lasagna
- Zucchini or eggplant roll-ups
- Spread on bread or crackers or sweet potato toast
- On top of breakfast polenta
- Dolloped on top of polenta crust pizza
- Mixed with pesto
- Mixed into fresh corn polenta
- With simple summer pasta or chanterelles w/ spaghetti squash
- Mixed with sweet spices for a fig & ricotta tart or oatmeal
- 10 oz cashews or cashew pieces
- 4 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- Soak the cashews in water overnight.
Make the Ricotta
- Discard the soaking water, rinse the cashews well, and drain.
- In a food processor, process the cashews along with the olive oil, 4 Tbsp of warm water, lemon juice, and seasonings until smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.