Warmer weather calls for cold, creamy overnight oats! If you’ve never tried overnight oatmeal before, the beauty of it is that there is no cooking involved! You simply put the oats in a container with milk or yogurt and they hydrate overnight in the fridge to be eaten cold in the morning with yummy toppings. Brilliant, right??
This is my go-to summer breakfast recipe, or my busy weekday breakfast when I just need to grab breakfast and go. Overnight oats are also great for travel, road trips, and camping. On camping trips, I love bringing pre-measured overnight oats in individual tupperware containers, and mixing it up the night before for instant, delicious breakfast.
These Creamy Overnight Oats Are:
- Sugar & sweetener free
- Easily made vegan
- Easily made gluten-free
- Perfect for summertime
- Easy to make
Topping Ideas for Overnight Oats
The topping possibilities are endless! I tend to eat overnight oats in the summertime when lots of amazing fruit is in season. Try layering it with Simple Fruit Compote or 2-Ingredient Chia Jam for a delicious parfait, and maybe a sprinkling of Peanut Butter Granola! Below is a list of some of my favorite topping combos:
- Strawberry compote & peanut butter
- Cherry compote & almond butter
- Coconut milk w/ mango or peaches (for a tropical twist!)
- Apples & peanut butter
- Blueberries, almond butter, & a sprinkle of nuts
- Raspberries & yogurt
- Peaches & yogurt
- Blackberries & granola
More Yummy Summer Breakfasts:
- Summer Blackberry Parfait w/ Granola & Simple Jam
- Vanilla Chia & Strawberry Pudding
- Cherry Pie Overnight Oats
- Go-To Chia Breakfast Pudding
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
Tips for Batch Prepping
Sometimes when I’m super on top of it, I pre-measure the dry ingredients into individual single-serving containers and store a bunch of them in the pantry. Then, the night before all I have to do is grab one, mix in some milk and yogurt and pop it in the fridge!
If you make this creamy overnight oatmeal, snap a photo of your tasty breakfast and tag me on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see your remakes!!
Go-To Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, 2 oz
- 1/2 cup plant based milk, 4 oz
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt, 4 oz
- 1 tsp chia seeds, optional, contributes a pudding-like consistency
- 1 tsp ground flax seed, optional, for a nutrition boost!
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
The Night Before
- Mix up the overnight oats ingredients in a jar or lidded container. Refrigerate overnight.
In the Morning
- You may need to adjust the consistency of your oats to your liking. Stir in some water or milk if it’s too thick, or remove some liquid with a spoon if it’s too soupy. You may need to tinker with the ratios of milk and yogurt to find the combination that you like best.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy cold!