This bread is full of nutritious and delicious produce! Feel free to experiment with your favorite add-ins such as berries, dried fruit, nuts, and if you’re feeling really wild, dark chocolate chips. 🙂
- 1 cup instant oats* 4 oz
Fruit & Veggies
- 1 cup grated carrot 4-5 oz
- 1 cup grated apple 4-5 oz
- 2-3 bananas, mashed 10 oz
- 1/2 cup fresh, dried, or frozen berries 5-6 oz
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts 4 oz
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice 2 oz
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly grease mini loaf pans or line with parchment paper. I recommend mini loaf pans or muffin tins for this recipe, so that they cook all the way through more easily. The flourless batter is dense, so with large loaf pans you can end up with gooey batter on the inside, no matter how long you bake it.
- Mash the banana, eggs, and nut butter together until smooth.
- Grate the carrot and apple and stir it into the mixture along with the oats, nuts, any additional fruit, and spices.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 30 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Slice into 4 equal servings. Store in an airtight container or freeze.
- I use instant oats because they are more absorbent than rolled oats and produce a better texture in baked goods. You can make your own by pulsing rolled oats in a food processor until they are like a coarse flour.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.