Not eating flour but missing the yummy classic cornbread accompaniment to a comforting bowl of fall chili? This simple, flourless cornbread is made with cornmeal and instant oats and naturally sweetened with applesauce.
- 1 cup cornmeal 5 oz
- 3/4 cup instant oats 3 oz
- 1 cup soy milk 8 oz
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup applesauce 2 oz
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the cornbread ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill greased muffin tins or a square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine take somewhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on the size of the pan.
- To make this cornbread gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.