Not eating flour but missing the yummy classic cornbread accompaniment to a comforting bowl of fall chili? This simple, flourless cornbread is made with cornmeal and instant oats and naturally sweetened with applesauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the cornbread ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill greased muffin tins or a square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine take somewhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on the size of the pan.
- To make this cornbread gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.