These delicious flourless sweet potato brownies are chocolatey and decadent, yet the ingredients list is fairly healthy! They are perfect for when you’re craving a sweet treat but don’t want to send your body on a blood sugar roller coaster. They also make a delightful semi-indulgent breakfast with a cup of coffee. YUM. These brownies are lightly and naturally sweetened with honey, and use a handful of oats for absorbency instead of flour. For a sweetener free option, try swapping the honey for a mashed banana or applesauce.
I used to make these tasty treats without any oats (this version is pictured) but I found that the addition of the oats makes them cakier. I blitz the dry oats in a food processor for a few seconds to process them into a finer texture, but you can also leave your oats unprocessed. In this case, I recommend quick oats because they are smaller and more absorbent.
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed 8 oz
- 1/2 cup almond butter 4 oz
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/2 cup oats pulsed in a food processor for better absorbency, or sub oat flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts reserve a few for garnish
- 1/4 cup honey or sub agave, or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- If you aren’t using leftover pre-cooked sweet potatoes, cook them using your preferred method until soft and remove the peels. I prefer to either bake them, steam them, or pressure cook them.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Mash the sweet potato, almond butter and honey in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Line a loaf pan or baking dish with parchment paper, cutting it into pieces as needed to fit the shape.
- Spread the mixture evenly and garnish with a few more nuts and chocolate chips.
- Depending on how shallow the dish is, the cooking time will vary. Mine took about 30 minutes. They will be a little bit gooey, but they should be cooked through.
- Let the brownies cool before breaking into them, I know it's hard!
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.
For more healthy baking inspiration, check out these posts:
- Blueberry & Almond Flourless Oatmeal Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Spiced Breakfast Cookies
- No-Need-For-Sweetener Fruit Crisp w/ Coconut Yogurt
- Baked Apple Breakfast Crisp
If you make these flourless sweet potato brownies, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.