This garlic sesame eggplant is one of my favorite easy weeknight meals. It comes together in less than 20 minutes! It is super flavorful, simple, quick, and great for batch cooking. To complete the meal, add a side of protein such as tofu, edamame, or roasted peanuts, and a side of cooked rice.
- 2 medium eggplants cut into large strips or wedges
- Fresh cilantro or green onions sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Turn on the Sauté function and add about half of your oil to the inner pot along with the garlic and ginger, and sauté for one minute. Turn off.
- Add the eggplant wedges and 1/4 cup of water. Stir well, scraping the bottom to avoid a burn warning.
- Close the pot lid to Sealing. Set it to Manual (high pressure) for 1 min. Carefully use Quick Release.
- Turn on the Sauté function, add the rest of the oil and all of the condiments and simmer the dish, stirring gently, for about 5 minutes until cooked and slightly thickened.
- Divide into 4 equal servings, and garnish with fresh cilantro or green onions.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.