These adorable little granola cups make a deliciously wholesome breakfast treat! These cute cups are really easy to make, just mix up the ingredients in one bowl, press them into silicone muffin tins, and bake. They are naturally vegan, sugar and flour free, and store well for yummy breakfasts all week!
- The binders in this recipe are the mashed banana, flax seed, and nut butter, and they work great.
- A little bit of almond extract and vanilla give these a sweet, dessert character. Play around with other flavorings if you want, maybe orange extract or citrus zest?
- I love to fill these with yogurt and fruit, but you could fill them with anything your heart desires! How about bananas and a drizzle of peanut butter? Or whipped cream and strawberries for a sweeter dessert spin?
- For a sweeter breakfast treat, you can add a tablespoon or so of your liquid sweetener of choice. I find that the mashed bananas lend plenty of sweetness, especially with the yummy yogurt and fruit topping.
Tips for Success
- These work best in silicone muffin liners, they pop right out! I love this big red one from Amazon.
- Don’t worry about spreading or packing the mixture perfectly in the cups, they bind together really well and it’s fine to have a few gaps. You can play around with how thick or thin to make your cups. (In the photo below, I liked the top left one better than the bottom right one, because it got crispier)
- Let these cool a little bit out of the oven before serving. They need time to firm up and settle before popping them out of their liners. Then you can place them on a cooling rack and enjoy warm or cold.
- Store these in the fridge in a ziplock or airtight container. If you want to crisp them up before eating, pop them in a toaster oven for a few minutes to return them to their crunchy granola glory.
If you make these adorable baked granola cups, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making.
More Sugar & Flour Free Treats to Try
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Apple Breakfast Crisp
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Granola (Oil & Sweetener-Free!)
- Banana Walnut Oat Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Baked Granola Cups (Sugar & Flour Free!)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt, or greek yogurt, per serving
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit, berries, peaches, oranges, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, and flavor extracts together until smooth using a fork or potato masher in a bowl.
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Lightly grease or spray silicone muffin liners with oil to prevent sticking, and so that the cups pop right out after baking.
- Divide the mixture among 10 cups and use a spoon or your fingers to press the mixture into a cup along the sides and bottom. It’s ok if it is a little thin in places, it will still hold together well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until holding together and golden.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes, then fill with yogurt and fruit and enjoy!
- I eat 2 or 3 cups for breakfast, depending on how filling of a breakfast I want.