Have you ever tried grilling peaches? It brings out their natural sweetness and takes an already extraordinary ripe peach to the next level. Or, it takes a mediocre peach from okay to YUM!
Nobody wants to fire up the grill for breakfast, but these are fun to make on the tail end of a cookout, to save for the next day’s breakfast (just reheat). You can also use a panini press or cast iron grill pan, which is what I did. Anything that produces grill marks will work great!
- 1 peach, halved, (pit removed) or sliced into 4 slices of even thickness
- a few spoonfuls of simple fruit compote, optional
- homemade granola, or feel free to use store bought
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt of choice
- Heat a cast iron griddle on high, and spray with a little oil.
- Once hot, lower the heat to medium and place the peaches cut-side down on the grill and leave them for 3-4 minutes or so. Try not to move them, so they create good grill marks. You can press them down once in a while to make sure they sear well.
- Assemble your beautiful breakfast!