This quick, vegan, healthy chocolate mousse has a strange secret ingredient. Yes, it’s soft tofu.
Vegans (and many Asian cultures) have been making desserts out of tofu forever. When blended, tofu becomes a silky and thick pudding.
I definitely eat this as my protein serving sometimes. Don’t judge me.
- 1 14-oz package soft tofu not silken
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp sweetener of choice I use honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 2-4 Tbsp milk of choice I use nutty plant-based milk like almond or hemp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Place everything (except the toppings) in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, adding a small splash of milk as needed if the mixture seems too thick.
- Top with fruit and nuts (or maybe even whipped cream!)
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.