There are a couple of common mistakes that people make when roasting asparagus, which can leave the end result soggy and limp or too crispy and overly dried out. The key to perfectly crispy and delicious asparagus is to roast it at a high temperature for a short time. This method of roasting asparagus takes 15 minutes and gives perfect, yummy results every time.
Ways to Enjoy Your Roasted Asparagus
Obviously, the best way to enjoy roasted asparagus is just plain off the pan! But if you want to add it to another dish, here are some of my suggestions:
- Vegan BBQ Grilling Bowl w/ Ranch
- Spring Potato Salad
- Spring Buddha Bowl w/ Herbed Tahini
- Vegan Lemon Artichoke Pesto Pasta
- Build-Your-Own Buddha Bowl
- Creamy Asparagus & Pea Soup
If you make this recipe, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making.
Perfectly Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- a few grates of lemon zest, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Break or trim the tougher bottom parts of the spears (about 1 inch) and discard.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the asparagus spears in 1 tsp of olive oil using your hands. Be sure to rub some of the oil into the tops of the asparagus, so they get nice and crispy.
- Generously salt and pepper, and roast for 9-12 minutes, depending on how thick the spears are.
- Top with a little lemon zest and enjoy!