Whoa, this delicious romaine and kale caesar salad seriously hit the spot yesterday. It happens to be vegan and oil-free, and takes less than 5 minutes to throw together too!
I usually use this recipe for my vegan caesar dressing (which is delicious too and uses hummus as a base) but this tahini-based one might be my new go-to. It’s super easy, mega-creamy, and doesn’t require a blender. It’s essentially a variation of my 2-Minute Tahini Sauce to Put on Everything but it’s extra lemony and garlicky and a secret scoop of dijon to give it a briney character. I hope you’ll love it!
For the greens, I couldn’t decided between romaine and kale, so I used both. I have a friend who calls romaine “crunchy water” and I love it for that reason! But I love kale too, especially massaged and softened with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice.
To finish it off, I threw in some storebought crunchy chickpeas (these are NOT the same as dried chickpeas, don’t break your teeth!!) which have a crouton-y character. I also added some diced avocado to boost this salad’s filling-factor to fuel my afternoon at work.
Tahini-wise, my favorite brand is Trader Joes, although lately I’ve been having groceries delivered and I am currently obsessed with Mighty Sesame Tahini. It’s got great flavor, is extra creamy, and is really great for lazy people like me who don’t want to stir separated tahini.
This Vegan Kale Caesar Salad Is:
- Undetectably plant-based
- Oil Free
- Super creamy
- Made in less than 5 minutes
- Filling enough to be a main dish
If you make this vegan kale caesar salad, let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others!
I hope you love this dressing and salad!
Dressing (Makes 2-3 Servings)
- a handful of chopped romaine lettuce
- a handful of chopped kale
- diced avocado
- a handful of crispy chickpeas the snack variety, storebought
- fresh ground pepper
- Stir the dressing ingredients together in a cup with a fork. Adjust the ingredients to taste and desired consistency.
- Start building your salad with the kale first. Drizzle a little olive oil and lemon juice on it and massage it with your hands for 30 seconds or so, until softened. This helps remove the bitterness and infuses it with yumminess.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well with some of the dressing.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.