Everyone needs a good kale salad in their repertoire. Here is my go-to.
- Kale, roughly chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bell pepper, diced
- Carrots, diced
- Beets, cooked & chilled, diced
Protein (Mix & Match)
- Quinoa, 4 oz = 1 protein
- Cooked or canned beans, 6 oz = 1 protein
- Walnuts, pepitas, almonds, or other nuts, 2 oz = 1 protein
- Garlic Lemon Tahini Dressing, see notes
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 oz avocado or nuts
- Roasted potato or sweet potato, 4 oz
- Quinoa, 4 oz
- Massage kale for about a minute with lemon juice and oil.
- Top with veggies and protein and toss everything to combine.
- I like to make this one ahead of time and and bring it in a cooler when traveling.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Lemon Garlic Tahini dressing recipe here