Soft, crisp butter lettuce is a perfect canvas for this classic Asian combination of tangy mandarin oranges, smoky sesame, crunchy almonds, and creamy avocado. Delicious any time of year!
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 15-oz can mandarin oranges (reserve liquid for dressing)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped or sliced 4 oz
- 1 avocado 4 oz
Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Sesame seeds
- Drain the mandarin oranges, reserving some of the liquid for the dressing.
- Make the Ginger Sesame Dressing by stirring the ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl or cup, or use a small blender for a more emulsified dressing.
- Toss the salad ingredients together with the dressing, and garnish with the almonds and sesame seeds.
- For those who are strict about sweeteners: Some brands of mandarin oranges are canned in syrup, and others are canned in water or in lightly sweetened water. If you are concerned about the sweetener drain and rinse the oranges, and use a fresh squeezed orange for the dressing instead of liquid from the mandarin orange can.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.