These flourless oat & seed rolls are chock full of seeds, whole grains, and fiber. They are soft, dense, and chewy and excellent for topping with hummus, avocado, peanut butter, butter, cheese… you name it. There’s no rising of dough, no yeast, and no mess. Just mix, plop onto a baking sheet, and throw them into the oven!
Note: These are supposed to be very dense. Despite how they may seem coming out of the oven, they ARE soft when you slice into them! 🙂
I ate these for my workday breakfasts all week last week and absolutely loved them! I expected them to go stale quickly but was pleasantly surprised to find that they were still soft a few days later.
I recommend storing them individually wrapped or sliced in the fridge or freezer, and pop them into the toaster in the morning for a quick, easy breakfast. This recipe is also great for mini-loaves, rolls, buns, or flat bread.
What are Psyllium Husks?
This recipe uses psyllium husks, a ground up seed husk that is commonly used as a binder and flour substitute for gluten-free breads. It is beloved in flour-free circles for it’s ability to mimic bread’s texture. Psyllium husks are husks from a plant seed, and they are basically straight up soluble fiber, often eaten for their laxative properties. I haven’t had any trouble with these rolls in terms of digestion, but maybe don’t eat the whole pan at once…
I use the Organic India brand of psyllium husks, you can find them on amazon here.
These Flourless Oat & Seed Rolls Are:
- Packed with nutrition
- Full of fiber
- Freezer friendly
- Great for making ahead
- Easily made gluten-free
- Lovely toasted with butter
Ideas for Use:
- Toast them
- Dip them in soups
- Use them as a burger bun
- Eat them for snack
- Make flatbread
- Make sexy toast
- Top with hummus, baba ganoush, or caramelized onion and eggplant dip!
If you make these flourless oat & seed rolls, leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
Flourless Oat & Seed Rolls
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the water and sweetener (if using) and mix until combined well and holding together.
- Form the dough into rolls with your hands and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, or fill mini loaf pans lined with a strip of parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes, depending on the size. They are done when the rolls are browned underneath and feel hardened. I usually break one open to check for doneness. They will continue to cook a little while cooling, but they shouldn't be gooey inside.
- The baking powder doesn’t really do much to help the bread rise, but it does help bind the bread together.
- Feel free to swap the seeds for any other seeds and nuts that you have on hand.
For more flourless baking inspiration, check out these posts:
- How to Bake Without Sugar and Flour
- How to Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Flourless Apple Carrot Breakfast Bread
- Flourless Cornbread
- Oat & Seed Cracker Bread
*A Note for Bright Line Eaters: Please note that I am no longer allowed to give BLE breakdowns for any of my recipes. It is now a trademark violation for bloggers like me to share any content explicitly broken down for the BLE food plan. However, I do try to break down my recipes by category to be as helpful as possible to you. If you have a question about how to measure meals according to your food plan, you’ll need to ask in an official BLE community. Thanks for understanding.