These veggie roll-ups look fancy and impressive, but this meal comes together in less than 30 minutes and makes a filling and delicious weeknight dinner.
I recommend using almond ricotta, cashew ricotta, store bought plant-based ricotta (I love Kite Hill brand), or dairy ricotta if you aren’t vegan. Any roasting veggies that can be cut into long strips work great for this, including zucchini, summer squash, and eggplant.
- Veggies cut into 1/4" strips lengthwise, enough to fill a medium sheet pan, 1 zucchini, or 1 eggplant
- 2 oz ricotta, dairy or non-dairy
- 1 Tbsp pesto, I use vegan pesto
- light spray of olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the veggies into 1/4" strips lengthwise, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray or brush with olive oil and generously salt and pepper them.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes, until nicely roasted but not so softened that they fall apart and can't hold their structure when rolled up.
- Mix the ricotta and pesto together, and add a dollop at the end of each veggie strip. Roll them up, and arrange on a plate.
- Spoon tomato sauce over them (warm it up first if desired) and garnish with fresh basil.