Often the best way to enjoy seasonal produce is in the simplest of meals. Sweet, in-season berries elevate an otherwise ordinary bowl of cereal. If you peruse the cereal aisle in a natural foods section, you’ll likely find a variety of puffed grains, usually unsweetened, which make for a healthy, crunchy and satisfying cold breakfast for warm spring mornings. My favorites are puffed quinoa, puffed rice, and puffed kamut. I love the wonderful snap, crackle and pop! Try a little sprinkle of homemade granola on top, for extra crunch.
- 1 cup puffed cereal of choice 1 oz
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk of choice 6 oz
- 1 Tbsp nuts or seeds (I like pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and sliced almonds) 0.5 oz
- 3/4 cup sweet, in-season berries 6 oz
- A dash of cinnamon
- Assemble your cereal bowl, pair with your beverage of choice, and find a peaceful spot to gratefully enjoy your morning meal.
- I highly recommend making your own nut-based milk, if you’re interested. Fresh nut milk can be made ahead and keeps well in the fridge for about four days. See this page for an excellent tutorial.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.