Apparently I’m on a pumpkin kick this week. It’s that time of year!
Can’t choose between pumpkin and apple as your favorite fall flavor? Here you don’t have to! This baked oatmeal recipe works best in muffin tins or small ramekins. The cook time may vary depending on the size of the baking container you choose.
This oatmeal is supposed to be gooey, even after it’s fully cooked. It’s the consistency of a pumpkin-y porridge. Don’t expect them to set like baked goods. The result is warm, creamy, and subtly sweet. It will also make your kitchen smell heavenly.
- 1 cup oats 4 oz
Fruit & Veggies
- 1 apple small dice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 4 oz
- 1 cup plant-based milk 8 oz
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice or make your own, see notes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pecans or pumpkin seeds to garnish
- yogurt of choice to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, apples, flax seed, and vanilla. Let this sit for a few minutes to hydrate and activate the binding properties of the flax seeds.
- Stir in the oats and the rest of the seasonings. Lightly grease muffin tins or baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until firm on the top. This dish is not intended to be the texture of muffins or bread, but rather firm on the top and gooey on the inside like a bread pudding.
- Allow to cool and rest for 10 min before serving.
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.